HON. TAIWO OLUGA’S ACHIEVEMENTS IN SIX(6) MONTHS
Hon.Taiwo Olukemi Oluga on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC) was declared winner of the Ayedaade/ Irewole/ Isokan Federal Constituency election on the 23rd February, 2019.The returning officer, Prof Bamidele Solomon announced that she polled 36,876 votes while her opponent who contested on the platform of People’s Democratic Party (PDP) garnered 31,956 votes.
TRULY, REPRESENTATION WITH RESPONSIBILITY
Hon. Taiwo Oluga is the Chairperson, House Committee on Women in Parliament. She is also a member of the House committees on Rural Development,Tourism, Public Account etc.
As a vibrant legislator, she has presented and lend her voice to a number of Bills and Motions in the last Six(6) months at the Green Chamber. These include :
Active participation and contributions at the plenary sessions.
- Federal College of Education, Gbongan (Establishment) Bill – First Reading ( October 9th, 2019), Second Reading ( 21st November,2019).
- A bill on National Assembly Budget and Research Budget.
- A motion on Nigeria National Hero dated on the 6th of November, 2019.
- A motion on the need to improve access of Pension Reform Act dated on the 12th of December 2019.
- A motion on the Uprise of cultism in Nigeria dated on the 18th of July 2019.
- A motion on the plight of disengaged N-power beneficiaries dated on the 13th of November, 2019.
- A motion on the need to improve access of Nigeria students to quality basic education dated on the 23rd of July, 2019.
- A motion on death sentence for rape dated on the 27th of November, 2019.
- A motion on 50% affirmative of women representation in politics dated on the 26th of November, 2019.
- Submission of a petition from a constituent whose engagement with Federal Road safety Commission was unlawfully terminated and another against the same commission which denied his due and deserved promotion.
- Submission of a petition by one of my constituents and his colleagues on their non-remittance of their salaries and arrears from Niger Delta Power holding company for many years.
In a bid to reduce unemployement among youths and other constituents in Ayedaade/Irewole/Isokan Federal Constituency, she has assisted a number of her people with Employment opportunities, skills and Financial support;
- Engagement of 150 Youths across the Federal constituency under the Youth Empowerment Scheme as Taiwo Oluga Corps (Deployed to Health centres and Schools
- Skill acquisition training of 100 indigenes of Ayedaade/ Irewole/Isokan Federal Constituency on small scale businesses with Start Up Capital. NIGERIA POLICE FORCE
Adeyemo Olusegun Ayodeji. (Police College, Eleyele)
Adeleke Kehinde Abefe. (Police College, Eleyele)
Miss Salaudeen Abibat. (Ogun state Police College, Iperu)
Miss Alao Oluwatobi Racheal. (Ogun state Police College, Iperu)
OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS INCLUDE:
*Grants to Indigenous students Unions across the Federal Constituency
*Spelling Bee Competition for both Middle and High school students where the winners were given Cash prizes, Books, School bags; with the total expenditure of #2,000,000 where the first position received the cash prize of #100,000. Second position received the cash prize of #70,000. Third position received the cash prize of #50,000 and Fourth position received cash prize of #25,000. High profile dignitaries including Wife of the Governor of Osun, Alhaja Kafayat Oyetola, Prince Gboyega Famodun (APC Chairman, State of Osun) among others graced the occasion.
*Functional Constituency Office.
*Interpersonal relationship with the constituents and prompt attention to Party elders, Youths, women, handicap and other related categories.
- Distribution of over 2000 dozens of customized 60 note books to students.
- Distribution of over 1500 pairs of school uniforms to both Middle and High schools.
- Distribution of over 1000 pairs of school bags to students.
- Free summer Coaching across the Federal Constituency for Public and Private school students ; where Irewole Local Government has two centres with 1,643 student participants. Apomu town has one Centre with over 750 student participants. Ikoyi town has one centre with 405 student participants. Gbongan town has one centre with over 981 student participants. Orile-Owu town has one centre with over 360 student participants. Araromi Owu has one centre with 98 student participants. Tonkeere town has one centre with 248 student participants. The turors and coordinators were well appreciated and remunerated. *Constant visit and support towards school of peoples with Special needs in Irewole Federal Constituency
Support and gifts to physically challenged people in the Federal Constituency
- 2019 Taiwo Oluga Father Christmas Program organized for Elementary/Middle Schools students across the Federal Constituency.
Hon.Taiwo Oluga will provide and open up more opportunities for employment, entrepreneurship and skills acquisition through strategic implementation partners.
“In this regard, she is very passionate about ratcheting up the number of meaningfuly engaged youths in Ayedaade/Irewole/Isokan Federal Constituency.”
Bringing dividends of democracy to my people is my utmost Priority.
Representation with responsibility!
HONORABLE TAIWO OLUGA (MHR)
Chairperson, House Committee on Women in Parliament